Tuesday, July 12, 2011

in as few words as possible...

Internet browsing with StumbleUpon.com is a recent"addiction" I'm adding to an embarassing collection.  I'd say I could store it in my addiction bank along with coffee, Facebook, shopping for a dog, and organizing things (also recent).  It's become a habit of mine to Stumble before I hit the pillow every night.  StumbleUpon has led me to places online I never knew I had an interest in before:  art, music videos, crafts, and a lot of useless, mindless, but interesting information.  Tonight as I was Stumbling, I caught myself falling into a trap which kept me occupied for the next 45 minutes.  

One Sentence is a place for people to publish true stories in a sentence.  Funny stories, sad stories, horror stories, or love stories, in just one sentence.  What a fantastic idea.  As I read, I couldn't help but think of my own stories.  How could they be summed up in a sentence?  Try it.  It's a good challenge.  Afterward you'll find what you've written to be quite excellent writing.  At lease to you it will be.  Ryan, creator of the site, will have the final say.  Because the site is not a free-for-all, much like Facebook, Twitter, or even this blog, each submission needs to be approved before publishing.  As far as good ideas go, this guy sure had one.  Congrats man, you have unveiled to the virtual world, the power of being brief.  Grandpa was right when he said, "Keep it simple, stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment