Saturday, November 12, 2011

an eternity of Sundays

And there we'll find our home, our life before the throne.  We'll honor him in perfect song where we belong.  He'll wipe each tear-stained eye as thirst and hunger die.  The Lamb becomes our Shepherd King; we'll reign with him.

Hear heaven's voices sing; their thunderous anthems rings; Through emerald courts and sapphire skies their praises rise.  All glory, wisdom, power, strength, thanks, and honor are to God our King who reigns on high forevermore.

A Higher Throne
by Keith and Kristyn Getty


Ever had one of those weeks?  Monday comes and you're devastated the weekend is over, but absolutely sure the week will fly by in anticipation of the next break from the daily grind.  Tuesday you're a little more positive until sleeplessness hits you about 2PM like a train to a brick wall at 100mph.  Patience goes out the window.  By Wednesday you are in the lowest of lows realizing after two days of solid work you have two to go before glorious rest.  Thursday seems a little brighter by 5 and on Friday the spring is back in your step with visions of TV and friends in your head.  And then, there's Saturday.

Saturday is catch-up day.  Catch-up on sleep, catch-up on laundry, catch-up on friends, catch-up on blogs, catch-up on TV, catch-up on cleaning, and even catch-up on work.  You catch-up because you know the coming week will go much like last.  Monday though Friday you'll endure the hum-drum of everyday life.  Where is the true rest?  Sunday.  Sunday you rest.

Wake up at a reasonable hour, go to worship, fellowship with other Christians, maybe watch some football, order pizza, and go to bed early.  Sunday is a great day.  Sometimes, I wish every day was Sunday.  I find myself praying often, "Come Lord Jesus, quickly come!"

Today as part of my Saturday catch-up I attended Praise Band practice. As I entered the building, I felt the weight of the week on my shoulders .  Then we started singing and the words of the hymn for tomorrow's worship gave me a much needed reminder.  My Lord is coming and he is coming quickly.  Until that day when "Heaven's voices sing" I am refreshed in knowing I will one day have an eternity of Sunday rest in my true home - Heaven.

Today Void, I pray the same revelation for you:  There is a Higher Throne


2 comments:

  1. Sigh....I can't wait for that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I love love u and the unbelievable way you weave writers together....come quickly....come quickly.
    Xoxo t

    ReplyDelete