Wednesday, February 8, 2012

a happier me

I recently read an article about being happier everyday.  There were 5 steps:

1.  Make a list of good things in your life.
2.  Journal for 5 minutes about one positive thing everyday.
3.  Pray
4.  Random Acts of Kindness
5.  Talk to someone you love.

Five simple, short, to the point steps...and you're on the road to a happier life.  Easier said than done my friend, easier said than done.  Today, I'm going to do them because today I want to be happier.

#1) Jesus, smiling kiddos, sunshine, Utah, Prince of Peace, my job, my family, my guy, and coffee

#2) Start - 11:43
Today I was able to play "scoop ball" with one of my students at recess.  This young man is specifically challenged in this sport.  Do you know what scoop ball is?  Each player has a large plastic "net" in which you scoop up a plastic ball.  The "net" makes throwing and catching the ball much easier.  This particular student had a hard time with the game in the first few weeks of school.  Here in the 24th week, I saw so much improvement!  He was throwing AND catching the ball very well.  He even congratulated me on my "skills."  I found myself smiling more and more through out the playtime...and so was he. :) 
Stop - 11:48

#3) Tonight I'm going to pray for three things:  forgiveness, patience, and perseverance.

#4) Today I picked up after 20 children for 7 hours...does that count?

#5) Today I talked to my friend, Katherine, about my wedding...sometimes it makes me feel good knowing someone else is interested in my life.  Today Katherine was that for me.  Thanks Katherine!

Well, that wasn't so hard.  Maybe this won't be such a battle after all.

Good night, Void.

No comments:

Post a Comment